webmaster Blacks In Government, BIG U.S. Department of Education Chapter © Washington, D.C., Region XI
Message from the President.
I am very pleased to welcome you to the U.S. Department of Education Chapter of Blacks In Government, BIG-
Wanda E. Gill, Ed.D.
ED Chapter, Blacks In Government
1. To be an advocate of equal opportunity for Blacks in government.
2. To eliminate practices of racism and racial discrimination against Blacks in government.
3. To promote professionalism among Blacks in government.
4. To develop and promote programs which will enhance ethnic pride and educational opportunities for Blacks in government.
5. To establish a mechanism for the gathering and dissemination of information to Blacks in government.
6. To provide a nonpartisan platform on major issues of local, regional, and national significance that affect Blacks in government.
BIG GOALS & OBJECTIVES
There are many reasons to join Blacks in Government in general, and the Education Chapter, particularly. The first starts with knowing what you want to get out of BIG. The second answers what do you want to give to BIG? What you both give to BIG and get from BIG makes BIG what it is. No organization can fulfill your needs if you neither speak up nor step up. Being a part of BIG provides strength.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
~ African proverb
Why Join BIG?
Support Student Scholarship with CFC: BIG Dept. Of Ed. #: 21990
Turn the PAGE with BIG
Professional Development and Opportunity
Advocacy and Awareness
Equal Opportunity in the Workplace
Join BIG and invest in your professional development, give back to others in the community, take advantage of local, regional and national training, workshops, networking and EEO resources. BIG is here for you.
JUNE BIG Haiku
the strongest fence is broken
by jiggling its links
Please come and out support your Membership Committee in recruiting members to the Chapter and networking with fellow members during a series of lunchtime events next week. Activities will kick start at UCP on Tuesday, June 9th in the lobby; in front of the building on the C Street side (near the shuttle area) at LBJ on Wednesday, June 10th; and, wrap up in front of the building at PCP on Thursday, June 11th. Our theme is Let it Go, which will be commemorated on June 23rd. Come out, bring a prospective member or two, cast a balloon away with your care or wish for the day, and enjoy a tasty treat in the spirit of National Cookie day, scheduled for June 12th.