webmaster Blacks In Government, BIG U.S. Department of Education Chapter © Washington, D.C., Region XI
Message from the President.
I am very pleased to welcome you to the U.S. Department of Education Chapter of Blacks In Government, BIG-
Wanda E. Gill, Ed.D.
ED Chapter, Blacks In Government
1. To be an advocate of equal opportunity for Blacks in government.
2. To eliminate practices of racism and racial discrimination against Blacks in government.
3. To promote professionalism among Blacks in government.
4. To develop and promote programs which will enhance ethnic pride and educational opportunities for Blacks in government.
5. To establish a mechanism for the gathering and dissemination of information to Blacks in government.
6. To provide a nonpartisan platform on major issues of local, regional, and national significance that affect Blacks in government.
BIG GOALS & OBJECTIVES
There are many reasons to join Blacks in Government in general, and the Education Chapter, particularly. The first starts with knowing what you want to get out of BIG. The second answers what do you want to give to BIG? What you both give to BIG and get from BIG makes BIG what it is. No organization can fulfill your needs if you neither speak up nor step up. Being a part of BIG provides strength.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
~ African proverb
Why Join BIG?
February’s BIG Haiku
freedom must be earned
it is a constant struggle
often just to breathe
Support Student Scholarship with CFC: BIG Dept. Of Ed. #: 21990